Care for someone else's pets, go for walks in a brand new place... Surprise yourself and expand your horizons.
Pet sitting & House sitting job in South Western
South Western - Heartlands
we have 4 horses and 1 house-trained dog which need care and company while we are away. A brand new home is awaiting occupation, set in a lovely 600 acre parkland cleared, forested, and paddocked property!
We are on tank water and solar powerd. Mobile coverage is constant, no landline is connected.
We would like to invite a couple or single who are confident to:
1) fill the paddock water troughs (connected via on/off valve to the main tank) twice daily;
2) put out hay bales as required and give our 4 horses (Mac, Pearl, Cloud and Gat) hard feed nightly;
3) put on fly veils in the morning and take off fly veils at night (carrot trained horses make this a very easy job!);
4) feed our dog Bella once daily, check her for ticks daily, and safely remove any if found;
5) walk Bella around the property (the boundaries - optional - are about 6km in total) early morning and late evening;
6) ensure Bella has water available 24/7;
7) enjoy being in a bushland nature setting. We have a nesting eagle pair, numerous wildflowers, kangaroos, and lots of native birds, as well as two springs, old growth forest, and beautiful views.
We are located about 30-40 minutes by car east of Perth airport, 10-15 minutes drive to Mundaring or Gidgegannup, Lake Leschenaultia is nearby, as is El Caballo Golf Course, or you can explore further afield to York, Baker's Hill (great local pie shop) and Northam. We ask however that you are not away from the property for longer than 4 hours at a stretch as our dog is used to company (and will get into mischief if she's on her own too long!).
We have no lawn to mow, and no domestic plants or garden requiring care. You are welcome to park in the carport and there is space for a caravan.
The house site (2000sqm) has a BAL of 12.5 (ember attack only), and the rest of the property has well-maintained fire-breaks. We have a fire management plan, fire water unit, and the local brigade fire chief is just down the road ;)
Please let us know if you would be interested in staying at our place with our animals. If you needed to arrive a bit earlier or stay a bit later we can be flexible with the dates.