Travel on a shoestring
House sitting is a fun, immersive way to experience this magnificent country - without paying a cent for accommodation!
Pet sitting & House sitting job in South Western
South Western - Heartlands
we have 4 horses and 1 house-trained dog which need care and company while we are away. A brand new home is awaiting occupation, set in a lovely 600 acre parkland cleared, forested, and paddocked property!
We are on tank water and solar powerd. Mobile coverage is constant, no landline is connected.
We would like to invite a couple or single who are confident to:
1) fill the paddock water troughs (connected via on/off valve to the paddock main tank) twice daily;
2) put out hay bales as required and give our 4 horses (Mac, Pearl, Cloud and Gat) hard feed nightly;
3) take off rugs in the morning and put on rugs at night (carrot trained horses make this a very easy job!);
4) feed and water our dog Bella (she has a special food game!), check her for ticks, and safely remove any if found;
5) walk Bella around the property (total boundary length if you are keen is about 6km) early morning and evening; and
6) enjoy being in a bushland nature setting. We have a nesting eagle pair, numerous wildflowers, kangaroos, and lots of native birds, as well as two springs, old growth forest, and beautiful views.
We are located about 30-40 minutes by car east of Perth airport, 10-15 minutes drive to Mundaring or Gidgegannup, Lake Leschenaultia is nearby, as is El Caballo Golf Course, or you can explore further afield to York, Baker's Hill (great local pie shop) and Northam. We ask however that you are not away from the property for longer than 4 hours at a stretch as Bella is used to company (and will get into mischief if she's on her own too long!).
We have no lawn to mow, and no domestic plants or garden requiring care. You are welcome to park in the carport and there is space for a caravan with external power and water supply.
The house site (2000sqm) has a BAL of 12.5, and the rest of the property has well-maintained fire-breaks. We have a fire management plan, fire water unit, and the local brigade fire chief is just down the road ;)
Please let us know if you would be interested in staying at our place with our animals. If you needed to arrive a bit earlier or stay a bit later we can be flexible with the dates.