Responsible couple who love pets!
We are a friendly, non-smoking couple who have been petsitting for over five years . WwUK for 18 years. We decided to have a career break and travel for a while.. We have both grown up with dogs and cats, a guinea pig and a rabbit, and eventually want some pets of our own. I have taught secondary English for many years and Wayne organised IT for a Cancer charity. I am now a full time secondary teacher at a school in Brighton. I am Australian, Wayne is South African, and after we got married in 2013,
We love housesitting because we love animals and it's fun! We love looking after animals and would prefer the relaxing feel of a home to resorts where there are mainly other tourists. We get to enjoy animals which we love and meet new people. We weren't able to have a pet whilst renting in London and really missed having them around. It's a great way to travel, meet locals and have a more authentic experience of a new place. We also understand that, for many pets, kennels and catteries can be quite stressful places, so it's important they are able to stay in place familiar to them - their home. We love the idea of being able to help people out so that they can have their holiday and not worry about the pets back home.
Both Wayne and I have grown up with pets. I had two cats and a dog for many years and Wayne had many dogs. Between us - a standard poodle, a bull terrier/kelpie, and a lovely pavement special and others! We have rented for many years and have been responsible tenants. We have both dealt with various household issues quickly and responsibly. We have both done housesitting in our own countries and would care for your home and pets as though they were our own; that is a guarantee. We take our responsibilities in petsitting very seriously and aim to make your pets as happy and settled as possible.
- a 400 year old farmhouse in France with a Belgian Shepherd
- looking after three dogs at a boutique hostel in Santorini for two months, maintaining the condition of the rooms over the closed winter period, making sure that the large property was ready for the opening season.
- being off-grid in Pokhara, Nepal, making sure that the dog was safe from wild animals (yes!), and house was well-maintained during the crazy monsoon season
- a blind dog in Chiang Mai
- many different dog breeds, from Dalmatians to a dingo, from British bulldogs to whippets
- different breeds of cats, including a sphynx cat
- many rescue animals
- lots of chickens and geese
- Wayne is pretty good around the house, and has been known to fix curtains and little things where he can
GIVING MEDICATION - we have had experience with a diabetic dog and are able to give injections and oral medication
POLICE CHECKS - Being a teacher, I must always have an up-to-date Police Check. I have an International Child Protection Certificate and also teacher registration in Victoria and Queensland, both requiring separate police checks. I've got quite a few now! All verification can be provided on request.
We are tidy, resourceful, self-sufficient people, and understand the trust put in us when looking after your home and beloved pets. We don't take that lightly! We take our responsibilities at your place very seriously, respecting your guidelines, any training you have done with your pets, and also your privacy. We want you to have complete peace of mind and enjoy your holiday!
Please feel free to get in contact, and ask us any questions you like!