Reliable Home-&-Pet Whisperer
42, Hypnotherapist, Psychology student
I'm a single, non-drinking, non-smoking, 40-something animal-lover travelling the country in my van, getting HDs in Psychology, and loving as many furbabies as possible on the way.
**APPROXIMATE LOCATIONS FOR 2019**
January - Victoria
February - South Australia
March, April, May - Western Australia
June - July - Northern Territory
July - Queensland
August - December - New South Wales
Here are ten reasons I'll be your perfect housesitter:
1. I really really love your pets. I grew up with a multitude of dogs and cats, have saved every stray I've ever met, adore sharing my daily walks or runs with an enthusiastic 4 legged companion and sleep better with a fluffball curled up on the bed. My changing lifestyle means I can't take long-term responsibility for my own pets, and as a result, I have a lot of love and time to give yours.
2. I have a lot of experience petsitting, and I'm down with basic animal psychology and dog training techniques, I'm good at relaxing skittish cats and helping anxious misbehaving dogs. Please advise me upon booking if your pets have behavioural issues or medical needs.
3. I work and study online. This means I can be home to spend maximum time with your pets, and provide more security for your home.
4. I don't drink or smoke.
5. I love nature, and enjoy looking after plants and gardens.
6. I take pleasure in a clean and tidy environment, and you will return to a lovely, spotless home.
7. I am happily without a partner, child, or my own pets. This means more time for your home, pets and garden.
8. As a helping professional and someone who works in schools, I have a police check and working with children check. Not so much as a speeding ticket in the past 20 years.
9. As a teacher, therapist and facilitator, I have excellent communication skills. I'll make sure I understand your needs and keep you informed to the level you require. I also appreciate clear open communication from you.
10. I am reliable, committed, honest and enthusiastic. I'm that person who turns up 10 minutes early, always follows through on their word, and is honest to what some might consider a fault. I believe in living life with integrity and doing the right thing by other people.
DISCLAIMER: I will look after your house and pets as though they were my own. I will spoil your pets and give them oodles of love and attention, I'll lovingly water your plants, take good care of your things, and I'll return your home spotless. I would never bring a tinder date home (or even go on a tinder date, haha), or put your house at risk in any way. Also, if I have trusted friends or family members in town, I would like to invite them in for a meal or a visit. This also allows me to spend more time with your pets. Please understand that while I'm in your home, it is the only home I have, and if you would prefer someone to be simply an unpaid maid/carer, I won't be the best sitter for you. I would like you to feel comfortable with me feeling comfortable in your home.
If you have any specific rules outside the norm, I'd LOVE it if you could communicate them to me on booking me! Open, clear communication is key to a mutually satisfying housesitting exchange.
I have pink hair and colourful extensions because I think the world needs a bit more brightness and cheer. This does not make me less of a responsible, mature adult ;-)
Please don't gift me chocolate! If you feel to express your gratitude with a gift, consider filling the fridge drawer with veggies, or leaving me a tip. Of course this isn't necessary though! I love chocolate but my belly does not, and inevitably my mouth wins and my belly pays the price!!
If you have any questions or would like to get to know me better, I'd be more than happy to chat.
Looking forward to it!