in good hands
65, Freelance Copywriter & Editor
Want absolute peace of mind while you're away? I can help. Let me count the ways...
1. You can RELAX while away: I'm an experienced house sitter with references
2. Your pets will feel safe: I have a soothing demeanour
3. Your neighbours will be happy: I'm very quiet
4. Your pets won't miss you: I'll adore them so much
5. Your house will stay clean and neat: I prefer it that way
6. Your garden will be happy: I love to potter and water
7. The lovely homeowners who've trusted their home and pets to my care say, "Yes, definitely! She's wonderful."
8. Your home will stay fresh: non-smoker; vegetarian
9. You'll return to a very tidy home: I love being organised
10. You might even ask me back, or refer me to your family and friends, as other homeowners do!
Additional info about me:
I've been housesitting since 2012. I raised my young family in Canberra for over thirteen years until early 2011, returning in late 2016 to be close to one of my now adult children.
I love being back in Canberra, and have discovered much more about our beautiful city since I've been house sitting here. Another adult child lives overseas, and I have no grandchildren yet. I worked full time in Parkes in 2017 but now I'm a freelance writer/editor. This means I am in your home during the daytime more often than if I was employed elsewhere.
My house sitting experience includes:
* Melbourne (5 months, various homes and pets: dogs, cats, hens)
* managing/housekeeping holiday rentals on Fraser Island (17 months, remote location, large garden, off-grid solar with diesel backup power, no pets)
* Brisbane (2 years, various homes and pets)
* South Coast NSW (1 month, multiple times; same home and adorable dog)
* Switzerland (two weeks, no pets)
* Canberra (many homes and pets since late 2016)
* Lille, France 2018 (beautiful rescue greyhound)
As well as being a house sitter, I've rented and owned homes throughout my life.
If you're planning a big trip, let's talk soon so you have one less thing on your to-do list. I can provide absolute peace of mind while you're away.
I prefer long term house sits but will consider short term ones as well. If you're going away for a shorter period, I'd be more than happy to help out if I'm not already on a house sit. Note: my availability dates are kept up-to-date.
I'll happily provide more referees upon request. There are a number of endorsements from happy homeowners on my profile. Please click into them to read full comments. (Note: not every home owner endorsement appears here. For instance, some of my house sits were arranged outside of this online booking service, after recommendations from previous homeowners.)
Contact me now if you're looking for a mature, responsible, peaceful, happy, caring housekeeper who will love your pets and home as much as you do. You'll be glad you did!