Honest, Reliable, Responsible
Hi, I'm a single, mature female, and a very experienced full-time farm and house caretaker/sitter. I have 25+ wonderful references - there would be more, however I'm now doing a few repeat sits, so only 1 reference from each of those. Plus my sits are longer these days, so there's fewer of them. I can care for your animals and property, pets and livestock, garden, vegie garden, house, pool etc., very well.
I am extremely responsible and honest, quiet, and I love rural/country life, although I did grow up in Sydney. I'm single, and happy to be on my own for periods of time.
Animals are attracted to me, they are always hanging around and following me. When I walk around a property it's not unusual for the animals - dogs of course, but also the cats, and sometimes the chooks/ducks - to go walking with me. I feel like the Pied Piper sometimes :-). I've had quite a few animals adopt me - neighbour's cats and dogs, even a lizard who came to live on my back porch for 6 months and let me hand feed it.
I have a great work ethic and love helping people :
* Co-founder of the non-profit Single Parent Family Association (Single With Children) in Sydney. Their 20 year anniversary was in April 2016.
* Volunteer work - lots
* Managed several jewellery stores
* Managed two furniture factories and a furniture showroom in Sydney
* Other past jobs include swimming teaching and training, tour manager of a reggae band, interior decorating, real estate consultant, Interior decorator and window displays
* Freelanced for the past few years - creating business websites, selling online, consulting to businesses, real estate co-ordinator, investing, teaching how to sell online, analysing websites for usability.
* I am currently volunteering, online - creating and marketing a website for a non-profit organisation.
Because of my website work, good access to internet is important to me and I'd appreciate sharing your connection.
I've owned cats, including one I had for 17 years from a teeny kitten (rescue); looked after dogs, indoor and outdoor fish, chickens, ducks, cows, caged birds, breeding birds, peacocks, guinea fowl, alpacas, goats, sheep, horses, an aquaponics system, and hatchlings from an incubator. I'm happy for you to teach me how to care for your animals in the way that you want, and learn from you.
I have many other qualifications, interests and skills :
* Natural cleaning methods
* Natural alternatives to chemicals wherever possible for anything - personal care, weed control, insect control, health, etc
* I was a champion swimmer in my younger days, and have looked after many types of pools.
* Organic vegetable gardening
* Natural pest control, - indoors and outdoors
* Holistic grazing and holistic management (Alan Savory)
* Rural land planning
* Interior decorating
* Real estate consulting
* Website creation
* Website analysis, consulting and usability
* Search engine optimisation (SEO) for websites
* Puzzles - all sorts - and card games
* Selling online on eBay, Facebook, Gumtree and Trading Post; etc
* Swimming teacher/training/style improvement
House sitting is increasing my skill base : riding a quad bike, using a bore pump to refill water tanks, maintaining an aquaponics system, living off-the-grid, plus the many types of animals I've cared for ~ and I look forward to learning much more.
I've had many interesting experiences during my house sitting life, like when I chased a 3 metre long goanna up a tree, when it tried to steal the chooks' eggs that I was planning to have for dinner. (No, it didn't try that again!).
Unless circumstances change, I am usually booked 6-12+ months ahead.
I like to arrive a day or two before the sit starts, to learn your household routines, and so we can become acquainted with each other. When you then leave me in charge, we'll be friends instead of strangers and you can relax and enjoy your trip free from anxiety, knowing I'm there to care for everything while you're away.
REFERENCES - Please see the many endorsements given to me, below, and these are a few others I've done that are not from this site.....
" Margo was a wonderful house-sitter: regular about reporting in on the chooks and the cat while I was away, and very respectful of my possessions. In fact, when I returned I found the place probably cleaner than it was when I left! Added to this, the cat really liked her (and that's always a plus). A highly reliable sitter, and I'd certainly ask for her services again "
Sara, Medlow Bath, NSW, 2016
" Dear Margo, Thank you so much for looking after our place so well while we were away. It was such a pleasure to come home to a place looking cared for after being away for 6 weeks, and to walk into a house so clean and welcoming.
I really appreciate the weeding and garden work you did while you were here.
We are first time users of a "house sitter", so your helpful notes on what is important for a sitter to know about the place are going to be very useful in the future.
We are most appreciative, and would recommend you highly as a house sitter.
Thank you again,"
Rosslyn and David
Just a note to thank you for looking after our place so well.
It was great to come home to a clean tidy house, & a well cared for garden. The vegies are coming along nicely, particularly as we have had a little rain & warm days.
The birds have obviously been spoilt.
I would recommend you as a house sitter & have no hesitation in having you do future house sits here.
Port Macquarie NSW
MY BOOKINGS :
* Denman (1 cat, suburban)
* Leeton/Griffith (2 dogs, steers, on acreage)
* Thornton, NSW ( 2 indoor cats, suburban)
* Gunnedah, NSW (1 dog, small acreage)
* Taree, NSW (security, 5 months) CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
* Inverleigh, Vic (dog, cat, small acreage 6 weeks) CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
* Mudgee, NSW (cat, livestock, small acreage) CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
* Maitland, NSW (exotic birds)
* Toowoomba, Qld (4 cats, chooks)
* Nanango, Qld (gardening)
* Killarney, Qld (2 cats, chooks, parrots)
* Kempsey, NSW (1 alsatian, cows, gardening) - cut short when evacuated out from the fires with my charge
* Hunter Valley, NSW (1 cat and chooks, rural)
* Blue Mountains nr Sydney (1 cat, suburban)
* Hervey Bay, Qld (repeat sit, 3 cats, suburban)
* Near Childers, Qld (repeat sit, 2 cats, 4 ducks on 7 acres)
* Near Childers, Qld (4 dogs, sheep, chooks, ducks, horses, hatchlings on acreage)
* Mulgowie near Toowoomba, Qld (1 dog, 65 acres, 4 months)
* Maitland, NSW - 1 cat
* Lorne, NSW, rural, security
* Tamworth, NSW - 1 cat
* Morpeth, NSW - 2 dogs and chooks
* Tamworth, NSW (watering esp in heatwaves, 1 dog on 70 acres)
* Tamworth, NSW (gardens only on 3 acres in prolonged heatwave)
* Tamworth, NSW (1 dog, garden, suburban)
* Near Ipswich, Qld (watering and security on 3 acres)
* Jimboomba, Qld (chooks and an fish/vegetable garden aquaponics system on 12 acres)
* Near Childers, Qld (repeat sit, cats, horses and ducks on 7 acres)
* Hervey Bay, Qld (repeat sit, 3 cats, suburban)
* Near Rockhampton, Qld (3 cats, suburban)
* Kingscliff, NSW (1 cat, suburban)
* Tenterfield, NSW (Chooks on 50 acres off the grid)
* Nambucca, NSW (cat and garden)
* Near Gloucester, NSW (3 dogs, 7 horses, 1 cat on 35 acres)
* Near Taree, NSW (watering, 32 cows on 120 acres)
* Medlow Bath, NSW (1 cat, 2 chooks, suburban)
* Orange, NSW (gardening and watering only on 100 acres)
* Near Tamworth, NSW (watering during drought, 1 cat and 11 chooks on 5 acres)
* Moruya, NSW (3 cats, 1 horse on 5 acres)
* Strathalbyn, S.A. (2 dogs, 3 cats, 3 chooks, suburban)
* Mt Compass, S.A. (3 alpacas, 5 goats, 4 cats, 1 dog, 6 chooks, 6 peacocks, fish on 10 acres)
*Morwell, Vic (1 cat, suburban)
* Lismore, NSW (3 cats on 5 acres) - (for the director of AHS!)
* Near Childers, Qld (2 cats, 1 dog, 3 ducks on 7 acres)
* Hervey Bay, Qld (3 cats and fish, suburban)
* Near Mackay, Qld (watering, 8 cows, 1 dog, 1 cat on 30 acres)
* Near Raymond Terrace, NSW (6 horses and 1 dog on 30 acres)
* Near Coffs Harbour, NSW (cows, 2 cats, 1 dog, 6 chooks on 106 acres)
* Near Taree, NSW (1 dog, 1 duck, 8 chooks on 1.5 acres)
I look forward to hearing from, and meeting you :-)
NB *** BONUS if Your HOUSE is FOR SALE - HOUSE PRESENTATION/STYLING :
If your house is on the market or assigned to a real estate agent to sell, I can make it look gorgeous for you, for inspections by potential buyers, or Open for Inspections. My unique background of interior decorating plus real estate consulting means that I know what buyers want to see, and how to display the property's features so they're at their very best and can command a higher selling price. Please discuss this with me prior to my arrival.