Edith and Gordon
We are a couple of varying backgrounds, both Australian citizens) , Edith (Dutch Indonesian background) now retired from the corporate world , enjoying her creative side with sewing/knitting/crochet/crafts and co managing their online businesses , (working from home) , and Gordon (Australian) (background as tennis coach , using those skills and his passion to develop and run an online kids tennis program to get young kids outside, active and off their digital pacifiers.
Edith also still manages for a couple of owners, furnished accommodation in Perth, online , getting bookings and coordinating cleaners , maintenance with our son on the ground in Perth if anything needs attention in person. We used to have 24 houses of our own providing furnished short term accommodation in the northern suburbs of Perth.
We have been house and pet sitting since 29/11/2016 and been booked back to back with forward bookings to 11/6/2021, in Australia and overseas, plus have previous experience as pet owners ourselves of dogs and cats .
When we commenced housepet sits, our two family Staffie crosses continued to live with our son. We commenced housepet sitting in Perth WA Australia , our hometown and have over the last 3 years completed numerous Perth / outside metropolitan Perth/WA housepet sits and in 2019 commenced interstate housepet sits (Canberra) and completed our first overseas housepet sit in Singapore.
We have embraced house and pet sitting as a change in lifestyle and as a forerunner to when we started travelling interstate/intrastate and overseas , whilst at the same time enjoying what we love, looking after and spending time with your pets and maintenance of your property.
We both work for ourselves in home based/internet businesses and thus, always around to give your furbabies lots of attention and love and pay games and walks.
Edith's nickname is 'The Dog Whisperer" .......probably added to by Edith's popular doggy carrot and peanut butter muffin treats she bakes whilst doing the housepet sit.
Edith also has her TAFE Certificate in Pet Grooming.
We have digital businesses which we can run from anywhere in the world . One of our businesses is short term furnished accommodation, so well experienced in the maintenance of properties both inside and outside which includes the maintenance of pools and sometimes large acreages/grounds/gardens and lawns and looking after bookings .
Our other business is an online DIY Kids Tennis Programs (for the 3-6 year old age groups, motor skill development) and getting children interested in physical activity and away from their digital pacifiers.
Following is a summary of our experience and our forward bookings of housepet sits to date.
1. 29/11 t- 31/12/2017 , Englinton WA, 2 dogs, Pepper-St Bernard , Newfoundlander, Oscar, cat, Tigr, rabbit (Rabbit) , galah , George and a fish. Contact Emma: (ask for ph no.)
2. 31/12/2016 to 27/1/2017, Bassendean WA, 5 chickens and a pond of fish, happy to give a verbal reference. Contact: Robyn: (ask for ph no.)
3. 26/1 to 19/2/2017 and 1/8-15/8/2017, Karrinyup WA, 2 dogs, Pomeranian , Jack and Border Collie, Rufus (have a written reference ), they have now moved to Canada
4. 17/1 to 8/3/2017, Banksia Grove WA, an older 14yr dog, St Bernards x, Sy. needing daily tablets medication. Contact: Lynne (ask for ph no.)
5. 8/3 to 21/3/2017, Carlisle WA, 3yr old energetic black Labrador, Max. written reference, contact : Judy (ask for ph no.)
6. 21/3 to 1/9/2017, The Vines WA, no pets 2acres of property to maintain, large house and pool, again this year 6/5 to 8/9/2018 , 17/12/18-10/1/2019 and 8/5-11/9/2019. Michael and Jilly have returned to the UK so will not be requiring us for housepet sits in the winter time of the year.
7. 2/9 to 20/10/10/2017 , Caversham WA, 2 older dogs, Ella and Ben, Contact Terry McColl (ask for ph no.). Both dogs needed daily medication with Ella having dementia.
8. 27/10 to 10/11/2017, Wanneroo, 2 x 3year old dogs, Duke and Sheera, contact : Rachalle (ask for ph no.)
9. 10/11 to 4/12/2017, Ellenbrook, 1year old dog Richie, contact Sarah on (ask for ph no.)
10. 9/12 to 19/12/2017, Sth Yunderup, small dog, Jazz, contact Marie and Ray (ask for ph no.)
11. 8/1 to 22/1/2018, Madelay WA ,black very energetic labrador, Leeroy, contact Natasha and Gordon (ask for ph no.)
12. 22/9/2017, 23/1 to 22/2/2018 and 20/3 to 23/3/2018, 20-28/10/2018 and 3/11/2018 and 15/4-16/5/2019, 22/8-28/8/2019, 17/9/2019 and 3/12/19-10/1/2020, Port Kennedy WA, house and pool maintenance, 2 spoodle dogs Tia and Ted, contact Debbie (ask for ph no.)
13. 20/9-10/12/2018, 3month housesit only, with gardens and pool maintenance, in Dawesville (contact Heather and Bob Guthrie for a reference (ask for ph no.)
14. 8/12/18-8/1/2019, Ellenbrook WA, house and pet sit, Staffie , Lily, and cat, Bentley, contact: Lisa (ask for ph no.) (written reference also )
15. 8/1-16/1/2019 and 4/2-26/2/2019, Mahogney Creek WA, 5acres , large house with pool, dog Mallee , 2 cats Puds and Millie, 4 ducks , 7 chickens, large outdoor fish pond and large indoor aquarium, contact Silvana (ask for ph no.)
16. 16/1-25/1/2019 , Dawesville WA, 2 cats Hamish and Max, 2 chickens and an indoor marine aquarium contact Julie Reading (ask for ph no.)
17) 25/1-2/2/2019 - Munster - 2 large dogs, Max and Taz., contact Kirsten Smith (ask for ph no.)
18) 7/3 - 11/3/2019 and again 3/10-20/10/2019, Anna and Colin Seanager , Red Hill ACT, 2 dachshunds , Kaiser and Brutus and cat, Mandrake, contact Anna (ask for ph no.)
20) 10/3 - 14/3/2019 Dunlop ACT , 2 small dogs, Toby and Jazz. Contact Rachael (ask for ph no.)
21) 22/3 to 2/4/2019, Gerolup WA (near Bunbury) Nicky and Craig, 2 large dogs Milo and Coco (brown Labrador and labroodle, 5acres and house and pool to maintain: Nicky McManus (ask for ph no.)
22) 10/4 to 24/4/2019 - Trish Keever , Two Rocks WA - 2 dogs, Snoop and Moon, house with pool and small garden to maintain. Trish (ask for ph no.)
23) 27/5-14/6/2019, Waramanga ACT, Salli, 3 dogs, Lucy (19 yrs, blind, deaf and slight dementia), Bear (13yrs and diabetic) and Ernie (10yrs), all requiring daily medication. Edith only did housepet sit. Contact Salli (ask for ph no.)
24) 8/5 to 11/9/2019, The Vines housesit, as per 6) above, annual 4mth housesit for last 3 years.
25) 20/7 to 28/7/2019, Dawesville, housepet sit, Marley large dog (some medication re his eyes) and 7 chickens, including special attention to 2 being chicks only, fish in outdoor pond. Contact Juliet (ask for ph no.)
26) 10/9 to 22/9/2019 , Paula and Karel, Dudley Park WA , house on the canals, black 6yr old labrador , Lewis. Paula's contact no (ask for ph no.)
27) 21/9-2/10/2019, Di and John, Dawesville, dog and fish, pool and property maintenance. Contact: Di and John (ask for ph no.)
28) Red Hill ACT , 2/10-21/10/2019, as per housepet sit in (18) above, 2 dachunds and a cat.
29) 1/11-16/11/2019, Baldivis WA, Donna, housesit only, house, pool and gardens to maintain. Contact Donna (ask for ph no.)
30) 10/11-27/11/2019, Lowden WA, Linda and Barry, dog and cat and chickens and guinea pigs on 137 acre property. Contact: Linda (ask for ph no.)
31) 28/11-3/12/2019, Singapore, Fran and Ollie, looking after Bengal cat , Marilyn. Contact Fran: Whatsapp: (ask for ph no.)
32) 3/12/19- 7/1/2020, Port Kennedy, Debbie and Dave, as per (12) details above.
33) 7-9/1/2020 and 17-20/1/2020, City Beach, Adam and Georga, 2 staffies , Rex and Chelsea. Contact Adam and Georgia (ask for ph no.)
34) 9/1-17/1/2020, Port Kennedy, Dave and Debbie as above in (32) and (12), 2 spoodles Ted & Tia.
35) 31/1-9/2/2020, Echuca, Victoria, Julie, 37 acreas and house to maintain, 2 dogs and chickens. Contact : Julie Smith (ask for ph no.)
36) Fraser, ACT, 14/2-27/2/2020 , Henry and Liz, one dog, corgi, Huw and 4 chickens,plus pool, garden and house maintenance. Contact : Liz and Henry Hilhorst: (ask for ph no.)
37) Kambah ACT, 26/2 to 8/3/2020, Housepet sit, cat and staffie. Contact Annie Schofield (ask for ph no.)
38) 12/3-23/3/2020, Seven Hills, Sydney,NSW, Yvette Tosio, 15mth Staffi , Kaia and 3 cats. Contant Yvette: (ask for ph no.)
39) 22/4-8/7/2020, Shepparton , looking after two elderly rescue camp dogs, Gizzy (13yrs) and Hazel (11yrs), Contact: Shery and Gerry Wilson,(ask for ph no.), written reference attached.
40) 8/7-26/7/20, Woodend, 2 dogs, Charlie and Sammi, 3 sheep, 5 chickens and 2 guinea fowls and various wildlife, Contact : Vicki and Jock Jacobi (ask for ph no.)
41) 29/7-18/8/2020, Kingaroy, Qld, 2 cats and house/garden maintenance, Contact : Cheryl, (ask for ph no.), (Written reference attached)
FORWARD BOOKED SITS
42) 13/8-4/9/2020: Upper Mt Gravatt, Brisbane, dog Flint and cat, Scout, contact : Scott and Aimee:
43) 4/9-12/-/20, Toowoomba, 2 dogs, garden maintenance. Contact Betina
44) 12/9-19/9/20, Nerang, 2 dogs, Zephr and Ruby, 2 cats, Buddha and Taj, Contact Brooke
45) 21/9-26/9/20, Oxley, 1 dog, 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs, Contact : Jodie
46) , 1/10-10/10/2020 , Pacific Pines, Gold Coast, 2 cats, Lemmy and Larry, contact: Danielle
47) 10/10-16/11/2020, Windaroo, Qld, looking after 2 dogs, Peggy and Sadie, pool and garden maintenance. Contact: Lynelle
47A) 18/11-28/11/2021, Beenleigh, 2 corgis, Cymry and Sienna, Contact Mary.
48) 29/11-7/12/20, Upper Coomera, 3 dogs, Buddy, Milo and Yogi, Contact : Denise and Geoff
48A) 10/12-23/12/2021, Riverhills, 1 dog, 4 cats, contact Tamara.
49) 23/12-27/12/20. Carindale, Qld, looking after 2 dogs and 2 cats , Contact: Sherrell
Note: Edith commenced the North Lakes whilst Gordon finsihed the Carindale sit.
50) 26/12/20-9/1/21 , North Lakes, Brisbane, looking after 2 dogs and 2 cats, pool and garden maintenance. Contact: Bev and Don
51) 9/1-16/1/21, Narangba, 2 dogs, Contact: Sarah.
52) 13/1-8/2/2021, Slade Point Mackay, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 1 bird, contact Mick and Kez.
53) 11/2-27/2/2021, Parkinson, Brisbane, 2 dogs and 1 cat, pool and garden maintenance, Contact Dean and Joy. Note: Gordon this sit but Edith went to Canberra to see her elderly parents and did a regular sit there as per
54) 27/2-29/3/2021, Windaroo, as above (47)
55) 1/4-21/5/2021, Yeppoon, 3 dogs, 2 x jack russels, Ruby and Rosie and 1 large farm dog, Bozzo, garden maintenance, contact Ray and Theresa
56) 21/5-4/6/2021, Eli Waters, Hervey Bay, 2 dogs , Bull Arab cross, Titan and spoodle, Waldo, pool maintenance, contact Allan and Narelle.
57) 3/6-30/6/2021, Redlynch Valley, Cairns, (Edith started this sit with Gordon joining her later, 5/6/2021) 1 horse, Roy, 2 dogs, German Shepherd, Jack and Border Collie, Bonnie, small tropical aquarium, pool and garden maintenance, Contact Lisa.
58) 26/6-14/8/2021, Trinity Park Cairns, 1 boxer, Koda and pool/garden maintenance, contact Elysia, Note: Edith commenced this one.
59) 17/8-4/9/2021, Windaroo, as in (47) above.
60) 4/9-10/9/2021, Beenleigh, 2 corgis, Cymry and Ruby, as in (47A) above
61) 10/9-13/9/2021, West Bien, Brisbane, 2 dogs, contact Bronwyn.
62) 16/9-2/10/2021, Thornlands, 1 large dog, Mastiff, Barnie, Contact Kate.
63) 4/10-12/10/2021, Nebo (near Mackay) , 2 small dogs, contact Peta and Mick.
64) 12/10-10/11/2021, Yeppoon, 1 kelpie, Bear , garden and acreage maintenance. Contact, Deb and Stewart.
65) 12/11-21/11/2021, Beenleigh ( as in 47A above) Note: whilst Gordon does this sit, Edith is doing a sit in Canberra , regular as per (23) above in Waramanga ACT.
66) 22/11-7/12/2021, Dunsdowdran Beach (Hervey Bay) , looking after a German Shepherd, Jazz and garden and pool maintenance, contact Jen and Geoff.
66) 9/12-23/12/2021, Riverhills as per (48A) above.
67) 23/12-28/12/2021, Carindale, as per (49) above
68) 26/12/21-9/1/2022, North Lakes as per (50) above
69) 9/1-18/1/2022, Upper Kendron, 2 dogs, contact Joanne
Then planning to return to Cairns and surrounds for a fe mnths and now looking for sits for that time.